Friday, 8 February 2013

Snowpocalypse


So, today we got hit with a crazy snow storm; like a foot of snow within 3 hours sort of storm.  Even though it's been nastily cold we've had pretty much no snow all winter so it was sort of nice in a I-hope-the-powerlines-don't-get-knocked-out-please-no-eating-pasta-sauce-and-beans-out-of-a-can kind of way.  Oddly enough it was pretty sunny out the whole time.  I mean couldn't actually point out the sphere of the sun through all the hazy clouds laden with their snowy burdens, but it was bright enough for their to be light streaming through my windows.  That was a bit unusual for such a heavy duty storm.

But the pièce de résistance was .... SNOW DAY!!! Yes, a honest to goodness, almost the entire town shuts down sort of snow day.  That made excessively happy.  Firstly, because I haven't had a snow day in about five years and snow days are epic, a priori.  Secondly, and most importantly in this instance, because it meant that an essay, presentation and midterm were all postponed (yay!).  And lastly ... well I was just really tired and didn't want to leave the warm cocoon of my bed ....

So, how was your Friday?

TGIF,

- H

No comments:

Post a Comment