Wednesday, 13 February 2013

Real (Love and Fears)


I recently got a hold of Maroon 5's new(ish) record, Overexposed, and I have found my new favourite song - Love Somebody.  Sometimes love songs are so bloody cheerful you want to lose your lunch; nothing is that perfect, and the fake-ness is pretty disgusting actually.  Other love songs are whiny and morose and generally drive you to bash your head against a hard surface.  Maybe that's just me ... In any event, I like things that are real, honest, open and this song is exactly that.  It is very rare to come across a song about love that has such a degree of realism.

Sometimes we feel broken or empty or both, but it's okay to reach out to someone, to love them and let them love you.  Loving someone isn't easy either, I don't think that any of the truly great things in life are.  Love is big and scary - it isn't a cliche when people say that love changes everything.  You suddenly have a responsibility to another person; you have to put their needs first, be accountable to them, you can no longer make decision on your own.  That's a huge change, so it's only logical for us to feel a bit lost, a little bit adrift because we know that if we make that step and open ourselves up to someone else we can't go back, we can't be the same people we were before.  And sometimes we can't help who we love, we can't stop ourselves from loving someone - we can try to push them away, try to resist the change, but they're already a part of us.  We're halfway there, but we need help from the other person to take the final step.  That's scary too because we have no control over how another person feels, reacts, behaves - we can't make them love us or make them stay.  It's all just a giant leap of faith....

but I think it's worth the risk.

Love,

- H

Love Somebody

I know your inside, you're feeling so hollow
And it's a hard pill for you to swallow
But if I fall for you, I'll never recover
If I fall for you, I'll never be the same

I really wanna love somebody
I really wanna dance the night away
I know we're only half way there
But you can take me all the way

You can take me all the way

I really wanna touch somebody
I think about you every single day
I know we're only half way there
But you can take me all the way

You can take me all the way
You're such a hard act for me to follow
Love me today don't leave me tomorrow, yeah
But if I fall for you, I'll never recover
If I fall for you, I'll never be the same

I really wanna love somebody
I really wanna dance the night away
I know we're only half way there
But you can take me all the way

You can take me all the way
 

I really wanna touch somebody
I think about you every single day
I know we're only half way there
But you can take me all the way 

You can take me all the way
Oh, oh, oh, oh

I don't know where to start, I'm just a little lost
I wanna feel like we never gonna ever stop
I don't know what to do, I'm right in front of you
Asking you to stay, you should stay, stay with me tonight, yeah

I really wanna love somebody
I really wanna dance the night away
I know we're only half way there
But you can take me all the way

You can take me all the way
 

I really wanna touch somebody
I think about you every single day
I know we're only half way there
But you can take me all the way

You can take me all the way
Oh, oh, oh, oh

You can take me all the way 

You can take me all the way

No comments:

Post a Comment