This week's poem is hollow places by Erin Morgenstern. Sometimes I have bad days/weeks and I don't really know how to describe it except for with the poem - this is one of those times...
hollow places
Sometimes
I forget who I am and what I’m supposed to be doing.
All the me-ness slips away and I feel hollow and
confused.
Dizzy and
light, like my feet aren’t on the ground.
I can’t
even cry, because I don’t know what to cry about.
I don’t
know why it happens.
I can’t
even tell how long it lasts.
It is an
always feeling once I’m in it, never-ending, never-begun.
All I can
do is stay very still and press my fingers to my lips to keep the thoughts or
secrets or cries or lies or truths or whatever else is left from slipping out.
So they
can stay inside and fill the hollow spaces.
While I
wait to feel like myself again.
- H
P.S. Bear with me if my posts aren't up to snuff this week...
P.S. Bear with me if my posts aren't up to snuff this week...
[Edit - March, 24th] I highly recommend that you visit Erin's website and read her incredible "Flax-Golden Tales" that she posts each Friday (accompanied by some equally amazing photography). Also, if you have not yet read Erin's stunning debut novel, The Night Circus, then please, please, please pick up a copy and prepare to be amazed. It is a beautiful, tragic, poignant, magical, romantic, mysterious, utterly fantastic story and one of the best books I have read in years, maybe ever...

No comments:
Post a Comment