Sunday, 17 March 2013

Poem of the Week



This week's poem is Magic by Shel Silverstein. I absolutely adored Shel Silverstein as a child, so in a fit of nostalgia I thought I'd share a little dose of those happy memories with you. I've always been fascinated with magic - both the wild, fantasy type belonging to books and dramatizations, as well as the everyday type found in a perfect sunset, a summer garden, a rainbow, a mother's love. There is magic all around us if we chose to see it, if we chose to participate in its creation. I hope you all find a bit of magic in your lives. Happy St. Patrick's Day! Top 'o the mornin' to ya!

Magic

Sandra's seen a leprechaun,
Eddie touched a troll,
Laurie danced with witches once,
Charlie found some goblins' gold.
Donald heard a mermaid sing,
Susy spied an elf,
But all the magic I have known
I've had to make myself.

- H

No comments:

Post a Comment