Sunday, 20 January 2013

Resolutions



I'm not six-years old any more, so unlike Calvin, I'm well aware that I have significant room for improvement; but then who doesn't. I think that's actually a wonderful thing, being able to self-evaluate and make adjustments to our attitudes and behaviours based on what stage we are at in our lives. Granted, critical self study isn't always the most comfortable activity, but it is quite illuminating and rewarding in the long run. I think that sometimes we get so used to ourselves that many aspects of our "self" go unnoticed. I'm not sure if that makes sense to anyone, but it does in my head at any rate. Please note that I'm trying to speculate rather than generalize, in case this comes across a little heavy handed. I just think that we tend to think, "this is me" without really taking the time to fully understand who me is, and when we stop to analyze that we can be surprised by what we find (at least that is the case for me). 

I notice beliefs and behaviours that I don't particularly agree with my self about anymore. I am (we all are) constantly growing, developing and progressing as a person, so it's only fair that I should reassess old habits and ideas, and adapt them to fit the new me. Other times I notice behaviours and beliefs that I particularly like but may not focus much attention on, and I decide that it is time to cultivate this opinions and acts.

So I am engaging in a bit of introspection and creating a list of 13 resolutions for 2013. While it may technically be 19 days late, I figure better that it's better than never...

My Resolutions for the New Year:

  1. Get fit with more excercise
  2. Learn a new language (at least the basics)
  3. Dedicate more energy to my studies
  4. Take the time to read again (at least 13 31 novels)
  5. Initiate more conversations (be more sociable)
  6. Post on this blog at least 3 times a week (unless out of internet range)
  7. Work on managing my moods
  8. Get a job
  9. Become more organized
  10. Complete at least 13 sewing projects
  11. Be a better friend
  12. Really talk to my family members everyday
  13. Look for the silver-lining
So, those are my goals and I'm keeping to them!!! (Oh yes, that was three exclamation points to prove my dedication). What are your resolutions this year?

Love,

- H

P.S. I found this picture while googling (yes, it's a verb) for "resolution" images. Does anyone else find it creepily Matrix-like? *shudders*


No comments:

Post a Comment